Friday, September 17, 2010

Pizza Night!

So far, I am enjoying our new schedule. We are busy, but not too busy. Boys are excited about soccer and Three has done alright with her new friend our babysitter. One of my favorite new traditions is Pizza Night with the neighbors. I have not come up with a clever name for them yet, but they have been the answer to my prayers. After such a lonely year, I was so thankful to have a family move into the neighborhood with kids the same age. They have become very good friends and we are able to enjoy many activities together. Last week we ordered pizza, this week we made it. We bought a great crust and put fresh tomatoes from Zinnia's garden, spinach, green pepper, onion and of course cheese. It was so very good. We ended with the kids riding scooters outside for a bit. Couldn't ask for a better Friday night!
I was able to get a coat of stain on my new sewing table. N built it on Tuesday, but I have not had time to work on it until today. For all the ideas I have, I am very thankful to have a talented husband who can make they a reality. Without him, they would just be ideas. I asked him for a table to fit on the landing at the top of the steps. A place where I can leave the machine out and maybe it will get used. I have not done any projects for sometime. The table is looking good. I will need to sand it once more and then get another coat on. My mother brought me a tote of my fabric from many moons ago. I hope to get something cool made.
Soccer games this weekend! I am flying solo on Saturday with Five. A parent who is also a coach has offered to help me. Thankfully! Sunday Six is up! Should be fun. His team is pretty good and fun to watch. I will have to try to get some pictures on here one of these days.

No comments: