Saturday, September 18, 2010

What a productive day!

Today is Saturday. Started out questionable. Kids got into some things they weren't supposed to. I was not happy. After realizing the level of frustration was too high, I got myself on the elliptical as fast as I could. I love it. Time to myself, get it all out. I skipped yesterday and that is why kids breaking a simple rule put me into orbit. Thankfully I got my workout done and the rest of the day went along just great. I was able to clean the bathrooms and start laundry before the babysitter came to stay with Three. Five and Six were almost dressed and ready for our soccer game at 1. We were there on time.
I had to coach solo since my assistant coach was working. I was nervous, but it went very well, at least that is what the parents keep telling me. There was a fine mist throughout the game. Didn't slow our team down one bit! We're not supposed to keep score, but our boys scored lots. Poor Five let in a ball for the other teams first point. He did take a kick to the hand when he was goalie. I was proud of him. Today was the first game he really played and didn't complain. He probably had the least amount of playing time, but I think he was OK with that. He gets better each time we go to the soccer fields.
Six has a game tomorrow. It is supposed to rain. We shall see.
Once we got home, I switched the laundry and decided I should cook. A trip to Pat's (our grocery store), and we were cooking alright! I made two lasagnas, one meat stuffed manicotti, one large tray of small meatballs, and one large tray of big meat balls. Mashed potatoes, gravy and corn were for tonight, along with the large meatballs. My kids love that meal. We had it with Great Auntie B in MN. Six was talking about that meal. It was memorable. Three remembered that Grandma and Uncle D came with us. Six referred to it as a "special dinner." He said over and over what a great cook she was. I smiled. It pleases me to hear he has such fond memories of that time. I only wish we still lived there to make those memories more often than once a year.
I am left with two loads of laundry to fold and a few dishes to wash. I was finally able to sit down and get my blood born pathogens tutorial done. Hopefully they will call me to substitute sometime soon. I need to get business cards printed up and bring them to the ladies at the school. That's my plan to get phone calls. I hope it works.
Thanks to good kids, they got to go to the movie store after Pats. Movies in, PJ's on and we are having a quiet night.
Tomorrow, apple sauce muffins! The younger two start Sunday school tomorrow. It will be just Six and I at mass for awhile. Should make for a relaxing morning. Our manicotti is will be done and ready for the oven! Hopefully we can do something fun with N after work. Didn't do homework on Friday night though. Library books to read, a poster for Six to do. He aced his first spelling test on Friday. I was so proud. New words this week. We better start practicing.
I have a good movie to watch tonight. They are almost ready for bed.
At the end of the day, Three is standing behind me as I type, telling me I need a ponytail because my hair "looks awful". How sweet. And to think, I thought I was having an OK hair day considering a rainy soccer game.

No comments: