Monday, September 20, 2010

Pay it forward really works

After nights like tonight, all I can say is how thankful I am for the wonderful people in my life. Pay it forward is so very true to life. Zinnia helped me out tonight by taking Three during soccer practice. A team mate's dad emailed me today asking if he could come to our house for a half hour after soccer. I said yes, no problem. When he picked up his son, he was thankful for what we did. When Zinnia brought Three back, I was thankful for what she did. It all comes around.
On another note, kids speak the truth. Their innocent minds have a way of telling it like it is. Well, my boys are proud of many things in our home. They were so happy to point out a few to their new friend. It's always exciting when someone new comes to your house. You get to show your things, it's fun. Our high points are bunk beds, Lego's and a fish tank. Other things, not so important. N made them popcorn and we had little Sunny D's or Yoohoos. All boys seemed satisfied.
We have an are in the kitchen that holds papers, phone charger, etc. We have no home phone so when referring to this area, I have been not sure what to call it. I send children to retrieve objects, I want to say by the phone or by the radio. I decided this week to call this counter my desk. It clarifies where they can find certain things. Today, Six happily points out to our guest that area of our counter is "the desk." He also shared his spelling cards.
Our couch is driving me crazy. The seat part has some pills on it and is getting worn out. As much as I didn't want to put a blanket or towel down, today I decided to just do it. I have a green blanket almost the same color as the couch. I put it down, and wouldn't you know, both boys think its great. So great in fact that they point it out to their new friend too.
And that was our night, soccer practice was the best ever. We played a scrimmage against the team we played on the weekend. It was great fun. All the kids, running out on the field together trying to get the ball, exactly they way it should be. They had fun and everyone was involved. They did not seem to be as intimidated as they are at games. It was the most fun I have had yet at practice. The boys are getting better each time we are at the soccer fields.
Three was very grown up tonight. She road to her friends house and ate with them, came home in pj's ready for bed. You could see the pride in her face, returning with three pumpkins in tow didn't hurt either. Our kids are growing up. It is great to see the changes in them. I think of what it was like this time last year and wonder how we made it. 18th of September marked 11 years since the night N and I met. Just keeps getting better and better.

No comments: