Saturday, October 27, 2012

Saturday Start

You'd think I'd have this figured out by now, the difference between baseball cleats and soccer cleats. I do, honest. I didn't even look at the bottoms of the girls size 1 cleats I bought at Goodwill this past week. Got home and they are baseball, not soccer. Since the entire store was supposed to be 50% off today, we decided to return them today. Boy, was that place crazy. I had no idea what an event this was. It only happens once a year and people were lined up at 7 am. Target salvage was plentiful and I guess people got as much as they could, according to the rumors in the line. We came home with some new clothing pieces and yes, another spinning disco light. I couldn't say no to her, she was the only one that listened this morning. She spotted it up high on a shelf. While I was searching for I-pad covers, she said "Mom, look, up high!" and there it was, the same kind of lamp as hers, but Lava style! It was the highest price yet, even with the 50% off sale. The boys were not into our treasure hunting and went across the street to the mall. We picked them up when we were done. Our journey then took us to the opening day of the new airport terminal. Free hot dogs, drinks, chips, brownies and cookies! What a beautiful terminal it is. Baby Girl had to be the first baby changed in the family bathroom. There were no other babies there. The kids got airplanes. We saw two ladies from church and our neighbors. On our way out, a woman stopped us and wanted to ask us some questions. She was from the local newspaper. She took down our names and asked what brought us out today. N said he worked in the tower. She took pictures of the kids and we were on our merry way. It was a nice family Saturday morning. The rest of the day, we were home. It was a very low key kind of day. They watched a movie, took our time making meals, etc. I did get some laundry done, but that is about it. I finally made my phone call to Daffodil. It's been too long. I should have called her days ago. It was great to catch up. Hopefully we will be in MN the same time this year. The Christmas plans are right around the corner. Can't help but think of all there is to do before. I need to get organized and moving. I've started some shopping. I have lots of ideas, now to execute these ideas. It was Zinnia's birthday today. We saw her out and about this am. She looked great. She was so chipper and happy. I was happy for her. I hope she had a wonderful day. Tomorrow is the mother daughter brunch at our church. I probably would have skipped it, but Five really wanted to go. I had no where to send the boys, but luckily, New Moon said she would take them. She's going to pick them up after mass. They are very excited. It should be a great day. The boat repairs are finished. N is going to pick it up tomorrow after work. We'll see how it runs, etc. Took us long enough to get to this part. I'm still unsure of our plans with it. Time will tell. Hats off to a great weekend!

No comments: