Friday, October 26, 2012

From start to finish

Today was a busy day. From the moment I got up, to the time I put them to bed, it was busy. Bake sale Friday! First of the year. We made ghosts and bags of bones. Seven was oh so proud. The entire day was a balancing act. Eight rode the bus to school. I took the other two to the bake sale. Seven nearly had a melt down about his shoes, we manged to avoid it and were still on time. Our neighbor Miss J came with to help as I heard from no parent volunteers to come help. Turns our there were a few and it was fine. It was crazy hair day for Seven. New Moon to the rescue with green hair paint! HE was thrilled and she totally made his day. N kept Baby Girl at home for awhile in the am. He brought her up to the bake sale where I wrapped her up in a sling and she napped. After the sale, I dropped off items at various locations and headed home. N had chili waiting. Before I knew it, it was off to the next thing. I went to Daisy's to help her clean her house. N kept Baby Girl at home, brought her after 1.5 hrs and took her home asleep. Plans changed a few times and when I was done, he was off to work. Miss J watched her while I ran to pick up the big kids. Daisy's JB came over after school, thus the reason for me to pick them up. I never do that anymore. The bus beats us home. They changed our route and it is much faster. I can't even get them into the car and out of the parking lot that fast. Kids were so happy when they came home. Baby Girl was happy to see them. I cheated and picked up pizza. Daisy came to fetch her son. He's such a good boy and good friend to Seven. Shortly after, Zinnia arrived with her crew for a movie night. Tomorrow is her birthday. In honor of her celebration, I made her pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting. I did this last year too. Sort of has become a tradition. She was thrilled and went home smiling. What would I do without her. The end of my night consisted of getting them all in bed and draining the battery on my phone talking to my Mum. What better way to end the evening, besides recapping it all on a blog.

No comments: