Friday, May 11, 2012

Spreading it too thin

Not enough sleep and no naps are not the best combination. Toss in a lack of nourishment for the day and I head down hill fast. Trying to keep up with my old schedule while trying to figure out the new schedule isn't working out in my favor. It isn't working out in favor for those around me either. I stayed up too late last night. I got up too early this morning. Eight being emotional caused me to be emotional. I am forgetful, can't recall what I typed just hours ago. Never made it to the grocery store. Don't have all the supplies for cake decorating. I planned to go after picking the boys up from school. I wanted to surprise them. I was tired and hadn't eaten since the am. After getting them, making our way to the car, the arguing in the back seat caused me frustration. The stroller also caused me frustration. I'm starting to hate our new stroller. It is too big. It doesn't fold nicely. Today, I couldn't get it to fold down the right way. The back door to the van didn't close right away. My phone was in the pocket of the stroller. I smashed the phone in the pocket in the door. Didn't even realize what I'd done until I finally got the stroller figured out and was seated in the van. The phone just fell apart in my hands. We are not due for upgrades. So frustrating. With a full day planned tomorrow, I am not sure when I will get access to a new phone. The neighbors so kindly offered an extra phone for me. I'll have to go check out their supply. What would we do without them? After eating, I feel better. I guess I've put everyone else first. Just how it worked out. I need to pay attention to the little things, like taking time for lunch and some rest. We'll see how that treats me. Baby Girl is awake. Time up.

No comments: