Thursday, May 10, 2012

It's starting to work

We've made progress this week. It's all coming together, life with a baby. She's thriving and I'm starting to get things together. Confirmation was on Tuesday night. What a beautiful night for Eight. Mr. L and his wife came. He was the perfect person to ask to be Eight's sponsor. I picked up a cross at Hobby Lobby for Eight to give. Eight wrote Mr. L's name on the back and signed it with the year. Mr. L seemed really touched and happy to have the cross. He gave Eight a really nice card with wonderful words written my himself. I'm still not sure how much of this Eight understood, but nonetheless it was a special day for him. I only wish it hadn't been on a week day. We seemed slightly rushed at the end of the night, trying to get everyone to bed, etc. It would have been nice if we still had a Sunday afternoon to spend as a family. Poor Eight wound up with a fever the night after. He's been home sick for two days. Just when I thought he was better, the fever came again. We'll see how he does tonight. I've been on go mode Wednesday and today. I have been able to cross many things off my list, which always feels good. I've been cleaning closets. I did N's closet last night, the hall closet with linens and managed to get to the cabinets in the kitchen today! Four's room is ready, we sorted, cleaned and tossed things from there yesterday. We scrubbed the van today and got all the grass from the soccer fields out. Four is using the shop vac in the truck right now. She's already a great cleaner. Well, my time is up as I see someone's diaper has sprung a leak. We'll try to get back soon as we can.

No comments: