Saturday, May 12, 2012

Maybe I shouldn't leave the house

I try to put a positive spin on things, but this sleep deprivation is getting the best of me. No matter how hard I try to get things to go my way, I seem to get just the opposite. My phone is still causing me great frustration. I am working on a solution. My options are ebay or possibly a phone from a friend. We'll see what works out. N got Six to his soccer pictures on time this am and to his game. During that time, when I was down to only two kids, I decided to take Baby Girl and Eight with me to the grocery store. I've been trying to get there for two days, but never made it. I planned to make a cake for Zinnia's E, but didn't have any eggs for the cake and needed powdered sugar and milk for the frosting. We get to the store, Baby Girl is awake the entire time and is great! Just when I thought I was home free, two things left to check out! I can do this! It then occurs to me, I have no wallet. I planned to place my shutterfly order last night and my wallet is sitting on the desk in the living room. I did happen to have a $20 bill in the diaper bag, but that was it. My bill was $50. Double UGH! This is not my week. As luck would have it, New Moon's husband strolls in straight from tai kwan (sp?) do with their six year old son M. He pays my remaining $29.15 for me. On our merry way we go. Lunch was uneventful, thankfully. I get all four kids to Eight's soccer pictures on time. We are the first ones there. The coach wasn't even there yet. Pictures are done and we head to the fields for his game. I'm getting my chair out of the car and Eight runs over in tears. I think right away, maybe he was hit during practice. Nope. He's got the wrong kind of shoes. Great. The shoes came in a bag of soccer stuff from a friend of a friend. I had no idea the little cleat on the top part of the shoe meant these shoes are for baseball. I leave the kids with Verbena and run home to get last years shoes. Eight is better when I return, but still upset. We get his shoes on and things get better. Six and Four are obnoxious at the game and dive me almost crazy. After the games, we drop off our money from the groceries. They live just around the corner from us, across from the soccer fields. I turn back and ask New Moon if she will call Azalea and see if she can pick Four up for soccer pictures. Baby Girl slept the entire soccer game and I knew she'd be up and hungry, right when we needed to get out the door for Four's pictures. My conclusion for the day, life is better when you ask for help. I've been trying to do it all myself and I just can't. Azalea was happy to come and get Four. She will be home soon after I'm done writing this. I have these great connections, I need to reach out to them. They are so understanding and get it completely. Verbena shared her memories with me and it made me feel better. The things she said were exactly what I've experienced this past week. We're almost to 4 weeks and it's wearing me down. Like I said earlier, reinforcements are coming in one week! I really can't wait.

No comments: