Monday, May 7, 2012

Getting my act together

After 9 pm I am reminded we need cookies for confirmation tomorrow. I sort of recall this, but it's not written on my calendar. If it's not on the calendar, I'm lost. I've asked Eight to read the weeks events from the calendar at least three times. I left my drivers license in an envelope I turned in to the church with money for our raffle. I was completely exhausted after running errands this morning. I took Four to a play date, went and got my hair cut and highlighted for a second time and then picked up the needed items from the store. The shoes I bought for Six are too big. Tomorrow I have to go exchange them. I found a $5 pair for Eight, have to take the $13 pair back, but have no clue about a receipt. Good thing I have my drivers license back to return them. Can I blame it all on the lack of sleep? She's good for about a three hour stretch, but that's it. She's caused me to slow down on my blogging, can't type and nurse at the same time. She's asleep now, as I should be. I decided to make the cookies tonight. I had the energy when I started, but now on my last ten minutes, I am spent. I was going to make it easy on myself and just whip up a quick pan of bars, but as I reached for my cookbook, what recipe to I find but the one titled "Eight's Cookies." Once upon a time, these were his favorite. Only appropriate for me to make them for his confirmation. Dress rehearsal tonight was a nightmare. I should have let N take care of it. He can dress boys in formal wear. I will keep that in mind tomorrow when we are getting ready for the actual event. The girls will have their baths before school is done. Boys can when they get home. We should be ready. Have to run to town and iron. I think I'll make it. I'll let you know, eventually.

No comments: