Sunday, May 27, 2012

Oh what a week!

As the saying goes, all good things must come to an end. We had a fabulous week with my family in town. My only disappointments were probably wishing I had more sleep to be on top of things (story of my life), and I wish it hadn't rained when we were in Frankenmuth. It was great for the family to see the soccer games. This was the first season they were able to come to a game and all three kids had them. Even Baby Orchid got in on soccer games. She loves grass and was adorable. Frankenmuth is a small German town in Michigan. It's the most authentic city I've ever seen. They even have the same street signs as in Germany. We took them to the Kase Haus/Cheese House and a few other shops. We tried cheese, chocolate, fudge and fresh water taffy. We made the best of it, even in the rain with so many people/babies and only two umbrellas. That was Monday. Tuesday we had lunch at the school. The first graders sang to Six at lunch to celebrate his summer birthday. Baby Orchid has big blue eyes. Were they ever big when she walked into that lunch room at the end of the kindergarten lunch. It was so loud. She'd never heard such noise. The boys were proud and happy we came. Wednesday we went to town to prepare for the party. We don't role quite like we used to with two babies in tow. Wednesday shopping wasn't the best for Baby Girl. She was a little fussy and left me overwhelmed. We made the best of it, decided not to fret and worry. We still had two other days to get organized before the weekend. Grandpa went to pick the boys up from school that day. Soccer games that night. The week went on. Wednesday night the girls, minus a preschooler, went shopping after bedtime. We only had an hour, but it was the best hour of shopping we had all week. I love going with my mom and my sister. We checked out the entire store. I've never brought so many tops into a dressing room before. We changed quickly and closed down the store that night. Exchanges were made the next day, same store, different location. Didn't take too long since we'd checked everything out the night before. Thursday we finished our errands. Mum showed me a new trick for making clips to go on headbands. They are so cute and pretty. I can't wait to post some pictures and make one of my own for Four. Friday we prepared for our party. We spent the day at home. Orchid and Uncle T picked up the boys from school. They took Eight to the toy store for a birthday gift. They managed to find the Lego motorcycle we hunted for at his birthday. We looked in three cities for this Lego and couldn't find it. It was out of stock. Couldn't even get it online, it was no where to be found. Saturday morning was a whirlwind of preparation. It turned out to be a beautiful day. I've got two kids in tears, have to cut this short. One is the infant that eats all day long. The other is a boy who just woke up to discover the guests are gone. I'm thinking we will have a day of recoup and recovery at home.

No comments: