Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Closer

As the days go on, I make more progress and am closer to meeting my goals before our company comes. So far, it's only Tuesday, but I've kept it all together quite nicely. I always wonder about Sunday through Tuesday. I have to get everyone out the door those mornings by myself. Mother's day we made it to church. Fr. B handed out flowers at the end to the oldest mother, the mother with the most children and wouldn't you know, the mother with the youngest child. We tied with another mother. The kids were all smiles. The kids know about my list of things to do. They were shocked when we actually counted it. Since it was mothers day and since I was willing to lend out use of the shop vac, they vacuumed the couch and stairs. They used leather cleaner on the love seat and chair. They were busy little bees. Didn't hurt that vacuuming the couch meant taking all the cushions off and boy could cool forts be made! Yesterday we got the basement straightened out. They were thrilled and have been down there many times since. They pulled out their remote control cars and have been driving around in circles. Tomorrow is another day. Hopefully a day without headache. I didn't get much accomplished today due to a bad migraine, but on the bright side it wasn't as bad as the last one. It didn't last as long and my day wasn't completely ruined. We got our picture taken at church tonight. I was slightly disappointed with the result, but can't complain. Everyone was most cooperative and the big kids did really well. Even getting ready wasn't as stressful as it could have been. Baby Girl was very cooperative for 3-4 rounds, but after that no luck. The last few pictures she was screaming. She looked so cute, but I couldn't find my camera for a picture. Eight practice his reading tonight for the big day. He will be reading the prayers of petition on his first communion day. He did a great job for that being his first time. We go back on Saturday morning for another quick practice. I plan to go a little later, we will have to wait for all the other kids to go first. It's another soccer game for Four. I really want to watch her this week. I am so sad I missed her first goal. Hoping the stress stays away and we enjoy the rest of our week. Can't believe Saturday the family will be here! We are so very excited!

No comments: