Wednesday, November 10, 2010

There will be days like this

Subbing is hard work. Third grade is great, I really enjoyed the kids. They are old enough to sit and do what they are told without repeating too much. I was exhausted by the end of the day. Would have loved to call in sick to RE, but that is not really an option. It was a very full day. N took Three to preschool and picked her up. She then went to play at Zinnia's so N and Mr. D could do some fishing. They came back with some small ones for the pond. The kids were so happy to see them and the fish. It was nice, but I was very tired. I was glad N was able to fish. It is beautiful out today also. He just left to try his luck at it again. Six loves to eat fish. He was disappointed there was not more last night. Hopefully N will get some today. Five seems to be hard up for N's attention. He threw a fit last night and the night before. He gets enough sleep, but is always the first to wake. Thanksgiving break can't come soon enough.
I finally got back on my elliptical today. It felt great. Last week was rough. I had a migraine yesterday, that didn't help.
Thanksgiving has been on my mind. A holiday I used to love, now is just depressing. It wasn't even this depressing when we lived in TX, but here is different. There is just no way around it. N works and we stay home. Sure do miss those days at my Aunt and Uncles when the kids had to go down the hall and eat on the floor. Never figured it out until now, wish I had a hall to send my kids too. I have happy memories of it. It wasn't a sentence. We had our own little area for our conversations. I can see why the adults did it and probably liked it. They had a peaceful meal too. I always think of stuff like that during the holidays. I am thankful we will be able to leave early this year for Christmas. Should be a nice long visit. I am sure it will go by fast, it always does. Just looking forward to spending time with family and friends.

No comments: