Saturday, November 20, 2010

Ahead of schedule

We are doing things early tonight. The kids spent the morning with their dad. I was able to get my Christmas shopping done. I have three gifts left and we are completely done. Great deals so far and everyone will be happy.
The boys are in the tub already. It is early, but that's alright. We have no where to go the rest of the night. The girl had an accident, thus the early bath for her. She seemed truly sorry. We have one or two per month it seems.
I think my kids are missing the pool. The boys are practicing holding their breath under water. They are also practicing swimming techniques. I hope during the holidays we can get to a pool a few times.
We finally figured out our Thanksgiving plans. I am very excited this year. We will travel to N's parents on Wed. Rare moment, both he and the kids are off from school. That night we will go to his Aunt and Uncle's house. He will either leave us there that night, or drive home the next morning for work. We will spend Thanksgiving there. Not sure when we will go home yet. N might pick us up Friday or Saturday morning. We will see. The kids are very excited to see everyone. We hope to see their cousins and maybe the newest cousin. I don't even know his name yet. I have been thinking of them often and hope they are doing well.
I have turkeys to make out of cans and sticks for RE on Thursday. I am also trying to figure out the St. Nikolaus thing. Just not sure what else I should bring with me. I would like to find a picture. Five asked me what color he wore, if it was green. We will see how it goes. They are anxious to decorate for Christmas. I am anxious to get baking. Zinnia has some blue jars she wants to part with. We plan to fill them up and give them away. They will look pretty with Christmas treats in them. I have more people to give to this year than last. I would like to give to more neighbors and people from the church. Should make for a large baking session. I am sure it will be quite a few days. I am excited she wants to do it with me. She might even bring over her Kitchen aid mixer! What a treat that will be. I hope to post some pictures of our creations. We will see if we come up with anything new this year.
Our trip to MN will be here before we know it. We get to leave early this year, for that I am thankful and excited. It will be nice to have more time in the MPLS area. We skipped that visit last summer.
Praying for a smooth, quiet night this evening. Hope they are calm and happy.

No comments: