Friday, November 12, 2010

A Crummy Day

We started out alright. I had to sub today. I have been excited to do so and happy to have the extra money. At the end of today, it seems selfish. By doing the sub jobs, I have to count on others to take care of the kids. Not sure it is worth it anymore. N had to work at 1 today. I made arrangements for Zinnia to pick her up and spend from 1 to after school pick up at their house. I know she doesn't mind and I do it for her in return. Today turned out to be different. I talked to N just before noon and everything was fine. I did not have a chance to check my phone after that. Six got hurt during school. He fell of playground equipment. He couldn't remember what or how it happened. He has two bloody sores on his gums and a fat lip. No one was able to get a hold of me on my cell phone. I felt like the worst mom when I met Zinnia at the school with not one, but two of my kids. She is his emergency contact. I guess he was able to see N for awhile before he went to work and then went out to Zinnia's for the afternoon. I wish N would have called me through the schools phone line and told me what happened. I was frustrated with hi m because of that and the way Three was dressed when I picked her up. She was wearing a summer dress and a skirt. It's November! Then when we got home, the house was a mess. Laundry all over upstairs. Noodles on the carpet. UGH! Needless to say, I think my subbing days are over. It is not like its a big money maker. I only get $65 a day. Doesn't seem worth it for all the stress it causes at home and for involving others. Here I was on a role, eager to write a Christmas letter and enjoy our time until Christmas vacation. Now, just all seems down.
As frustrating as I felt today, I still tried to come up with something to eat at home. I had bought some really cheap cheese pizzas. Felt guilty, they are even more cheap than tottinos. When they were done, I cut them to find a clump of black hair under the crust. Whether it was there from the package, or somehow on my pan, I do not know. At that moment, I caved. Packed them up and went to Little Caesars. I don't care if it was our last $8.00. I got them a crazy bread, sauce and a hot and ready pizza. Can't eat any of it myself, too disgusted. Back to disliking Michigan, wishing we were still in Minnesota and dreading Thanksgiving. Won't set tone very well for December.

No comments: