Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sunday

Sunday used to be a tough day for me. First, it was difficult to get three kids dressed and out the door on time for church. Then, buckle, unbuckle, followed by a long mass still alone. I would look at the other families in church with a hint of jealousy. They were together on this day. I remember being with my family on Sundays growing up. It's not like there is anything I can do about it, I have learned to deal. I have a husband who works on Sundays, it's not optional. So, I continue on getting them ready, bringing them and sitting through mass. Today was so very different from all the other Sundays. Today, N was able to come with! I don't think he had ever met Fr. L. It was a great morning. He was able to see where the kids go to religious education/Sunday school. We sat together during mass and it was such a great feeling. I appreciate each moment like that more now than ever.
Following mass, there was a mother daughter brunch. Zinnia's brave husband offered to have a "boys day" with the boys during the brunch. She took the boys out to her place after and said she didn't recognize Five in the back seat. He was SO excited for boys day.
The brunch was great. Three was cute with her friends. We took a picture of our little group of five and visited with some other mothers.
When we arrived to pick up the boys, we were not received in a friendly fashion. Five was so upset, he stomped his foot and said to Mr. D "We didn't get enough time!" He wanted us to leave. They had such a great time. They ate lunch on the playground in the fort area. They drove the tractor, played basketball, threw leaves at each other and enjoyed every minute. Five was really tired when we got home. They were outside for most of the day. It was a great day. I have to thank Zinnia and Mr. D for the wonderful afternoon. So many Sundays we spent alone. Now with all of these terrific friends, Sundays are great. I hate to keep repeating myself, but last year was really tough. The Lord has blessed us tremendously. I plan to continue to follow His lead and hope everyone stays happy and healthy.
Hope you had a great Sunday too!

No comments: