Saturday, October 9, 2010

Fridays are great!

Last year I agreed to co-chair the bake sales for the PTO. My name came up again this year and I was volunteered for the same position. The other mom went back to work this year. She did the paper work and I did the sale. She came too, but had to leave early. Out of the entire second grade class, only one parent was a second grade mom. The rest of us were other grades, but came to help when no one else would. Zinnia and Tulip were there. Zinnia keeps us all green and in line. She is the recycle queen and found everything we could recycle from the bake sale. She has also started focus on recycling the Capri sun pouches. Any pouch counts, doesn't matter what brand. After the school gets so many, they get $5. I admire her for wanting to get involved, make a change and bring something new to the school. We will be making a few changes to the bake sale next time. Second grade did not bring in as many items as the other classes last year. We had enough for everyone, but next time need to save some of the good things for the later classes. One teacher looked mad when we forgot their classroom and all that was left were cookies. The mom who was running to get the classes had to leave early. She told us the last two, but at the time, we only remembered one. Oh well. We will get them first next time. We have kindergarten next month.
We had lunch with the boys yesterday. Three threw a fit when we left for school in the morning. I told her to bring happy meals to lunch with N. This was the first time we brought happy meals. They loved it! It was a real treat.
I worked on some more things for my doll house project. We have the plywood now for the houses. Waiting for N to have some time to cut the pieces for me. So excited to make them!
Six had another spelling test. I was so proud of him. Fifth week in a row, the got 100%! His teacher wrote "Great Work" on the test. I can't help but wonder how many other kids have had them all right every test so far. The other tests were easier, this week we had more difficult words. He kept writing his lower case b as a d. We tried to work on it before the test. Of course it was all right on the test and he did great. I make flash cards with the spelling words on them. We read the cards every day and then I give him a spelling test. We keep a spelling notebook and have all of our practice tests in there. It's worked out great so far. I guess our efforts are paying off.
Five had a pajama day. They do good things and get to wear their pj's to school. He received some great Lego Star Wars PJ's from Zinnia for his birthday. He loves them and wears them almost every night. Somehow, he got a hole on his shoulder yesterday. I was so disappointed. Just when he has a great new pair of pj's now we have a hole to deal with. Maybe someone will put pj's on their Christmas list? (Hint hint). : )
Three was thrilled with a Strawberry Shortcake happy meal doll. We went to the craft store to get a couple supplies for our doll house project. I am trying to cherish these days when it is just her and I. She is such a great girl to be around and makes me very happy. I can't believe how much she has grown in the last year.
Pizza night was great, just what I needed after last week. We ordered pizza again, as we did last week. Maybe next week I will have the energy to make our own. Taco sounds good. I am sure I can talk Tulip into it. : )
We are going to take pictures of the kids today. I really miss pictures and scrap booking. I haven't don it in over a year. Just didn't have the money for it anymore. Not sure how the kids will feel when there are no scrapbooks from their first few years of school. Oh well. Do what you can when you can. I will probably be one of those moms scrap booking their early years months before graduation. It disappoints me because I was on top of it, but when the money didn't work out, it was something I had to give up.

No comments: