Sunday, October 3, 2010

One Hour this week, not so difficult.

Church seemed like a breeze today. Scary it went so well, but with two in Sunday school I can breath. I actually get something out of Father L's sermon. I get to spend time with Six, praising him and teaching him about the mass. Next week we are going to bring rosaries and teach him.
Five and Three are finally happy with Sunday school. She was a little tough, but is comfortable with staying. I think how different things would be if we were still in MN at St. Michael's. She was in the nursery a few times there, I wonder what Sunday mornings would be like if she had gone there more and started a Sunday school class with friends she knew well. I often think of what all this moving has done to us. Too often do I think of the objects we left behind, as I mentioned the couch in my last post. I have to think we are brought to each location for a reason. Though I am not always certain why, I have tried to get as settled as I can. Days like today, its tough. My little sister called and was doing yard work. We helped her with that yard work 2 years ago. My kids had so much fun with her doing that. I long for those weekends of meeting up with her or driving to meet her somewhere. She always showed up with some great idea for the kids, whether it was to play a game or make a project, they loved spending time with her. Last year we were lucky to spend quality time in MN thanks to the FAA. N was in Oklahoma City for 3 months. We went to MN during that time. This will be a long winter with our only getaway being Christmas and New Years.
More to come...

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I know what you mean about being away from family. Thankfully, we have found at last some good friends in Florida. I often think about how our lives would be different if we lived closer to family.