Friday, October 29, 2010

Freitag

What a day. I am spent. Got the boys out the door, ready for Halloween festivities. Three and I headed to Zinnia's at 9:30 am. Never thought we would not come home until after 5. Chili for lunch and off to the school for a Halloween parade. The kids come through the cafeteria to show their costumes. It was great. Five was so proud. I am positive no one knew what he was, but he was happy. Mr. D watched Three for the afternoon. I was able to stay and help out in both boys classrooms. It was fun. I learned a fun new game called 1, 2...11. They love it and it is so easy!
After the fun filled day at school, we went trick or treating to a local nursing home. The kids did great and we sure made some people smile. Mr. D's dad is there. The kids were able to trick or treat with the patients, then they had free ice cream in the soda shop. There was also a buffet with chocolate fountains, fruit, crackers, cheese, and all sorts of sweets. We made it home just after five. They all went straight to the tub. Chicken noodle soup and grilled cheese made everyone happy. We missed out on pizza night. Still feel bad about that, but after today, I am sure I would have had very crabby kids. Plus, the budget ran out early and there are no funds for pizza. Just getting by with what we got.
Not sure how I feel about Halloween anymore. Yes, the costumes are fun and the kids love it. I just saw so much waste today. All the classes had parties and many from Fives class threw out plates full of cupcakes. It was a lot of sugar today. After spending time at the dentist, I sort of feel like sugar is the enemy. Guess I need more sleep.
We have tomorrow to recover and Halloween is on Sunday. N will be home in time to enjoy the festivities. Looking forward to having nothing planned for tomorrow except pumpkin carving.

No comments: