Saturday, January 8, 2011

Lord Grant Me Patience

I lost my mp3 player during our travels. It really wasn't mine to begin with so I should just be thankful for the time I had with it. Now I am anxious to get a replacement. My problem though is that a replacement is expensive. I could just go with one I found at Walmart and be done with it, but all my songs are in itunes. I tried to figure out how to transfer the songs into Windows Media Player, but was at a loss of how it worked. I would like to just get a nano and be done with it. How many are faced with the challenge of wanting something, but really you should wait to buy it. It can be so easy to get wrapped up in wanting of material things. We want a new TV, a mini van, a wii, laptop, the latest phone, new shoes, etc. The list can go on and on. When you get your mind set on something, it takes will power to hold off and wait until you have the money or it is on sale. I think I have given it a fair shot of being content with what we have. I want a new couch, and of course we are still fitting three kids in a Camry. Dave Ramsey says "Live like no one else, so you can live like no one else." I have read half of his book. It is pretty motivating.
We have the motivation now with the new year and changes coming, but how do we keep the momentum? I guess my plan is to stay organized as best I can, keep to a good schedule and pray. Only through prayer will I find peace to not be quite so anxious and wait for the right time to make that next purchase. I hope to begin this new year with "new eyes." I want to look at things differently and see how it could be. I want to be more patient with my kids and enjoy them. I want not to look at what others have, but see what I do have. If we stick to the plan, our road will be the path we have hoped for all these years. I want to be a good role model for my kids and show them how to be a good person. I want to be generous with my time and talent. I want to help my friends when needed and be thankful for them in my life. I want to find the energy and motivation to get more subbing jobs and become involved. Well, those are my thoughts for today. Time will tell how it turns out. I have the best of intentions. Praying He will see me through.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I saw ipod Nano's on sale at Target this week for $46. Not sure if it's what you're looking for, though.

Melissa said...

Doh! I should read the whole blog entry before commenting. Here you are practicing patience and being frugal and here I am taunting you with the Sunday ads. Sigh...some day I'll learn.