Friday, November 23, 2012

The thankful week

This week was a week of thanksgiving. The kids had a short school week, only two days. Tuesday night I contracted a horrible migraine. Record breaking pain that I haven't experienced in quite some time. It left me ill and the pain meds did no good. I was even sick to my stomach this time, a new level of symptoms. It lasted all day Wednesday. With thanksgiving the next day, there were quite a few things I needed to prepare. I am not sure how I got them done, but I did. It was in between naps and taking care of kids I was able to accomplish all my tasks. With doubts in my mind about how I'd feel the next day, I was very thankful to wake up with little pain on thanksgiving morning. We made it to church by 9 am, first goal of the day met. With lots of teamwork, we were out the door slightly later than planned, but still close to schedule. Our arrival at the cousins was great. They were happy to see us. It has been awhile since we'd been there, July to be exact. The kids love going there. They run and have so much fun. After being blessed with nice warm temps, they were outside almost the entire day. Great food and good company completed our thankful day. This morning, everyone slept in. After getting a few chores done around the house, we are off to be outside and try to finish some projects while Baby Girl is napping. Hope everyone had a wonderful day. The week continues....

No comments: