Sunday, November 18, 2012

So much to discuss

There are many topics I've wanted to write about, but just have not had the chance. One is Christmas. I am saddened to report we will not be in MN for Christmas this year. We are not able to leave here until Christmas day. A mix up with the leave schedule and we are stuck here. The kids are sad, but we will make the most of it. My problem now is when does Santa come to our house? Would it be terrible for us to write to him and see if he can come here first? We are the toward the beginning of the alphabet. If he waits until the next am, N will be at work and the kids will have to either A. open their gifts without him or B. he may get a break to run home and watch, but he goes to work at 5:30 am. We can't open them then. C. We write to Santa and maybe he will come when we are at church on Christmas eve. Is that breaking too many rules? It's the direction I am headed. N will be home and we can all got to church together, hopefully. I have no clue what time mass is at our church on Christmas eve. I've never been. I'd love opinions on my dilemma. Please comment and share. Today they were not the best behaved during church. They were fine to the average spectator, but my standards they did not meet. Five was into my bag, fishing for whatever she could find to please herself. After telling her to stop at least 3 times, I was fed up. She kept treating the pew like it was a trapeze bar and wouldn't sit still. While I am thankful they love their little sister, constantly trying to kiss Baby Girl and hang on me too drives me insane. Seven is too old to not pay attention and sit up properly. Eight is in the same situation, but rarely doesn't listen. Today they were fooling around and chatting way too much. It was so discouraging to leave feeling frustrated. I wasn't too frustrated, but I did not take them to the pancake breakfast the Knights were putting on. That was the plan and it always makes lunch easy for me, but I just couldn't do it. I was so tired trying to balance it all during the service, I couldn't police them at a breakfast too. We did not go. They were greatly disappointed. We continue to work on our church behavior. I've almost completed half of my Christmas shopping! I still need my father, brother, and to finish the Godparent gifts. Depending on our Santa situation, I may need to pick up a few things for that as well. Yesterday we completed the Ikea desks for each kid. The desks were supposed to be an early Christmas gift for each kid. I painted a chair for Five. I will do the same for the boys, but I do not have "boy" colors. I hope it makes the homework process easier. Time will tell. They are all facing the dry erase board in the other half of the living room. They take up quite a bit of space. Baby Girl is less than thrilled with the road blocks. We'll see how it works.
Please ignore the fact that Five is in her pj's at 2 o'clock in the afternoon. She chose to put them on after taking off her church clothes.

No comments: