Friday, July 27, 2012

The Big Bash

We hosted yet another birthday bash for our boys. Eight didn't get a party since Baby Girl was born shortly after his birthday. We waited and combined the celebration for both boys in the summer. They each got to pick five boys to invite. This turned into 10, 12 with the birthday boys and 13 with one little sister. I love hosting parties for my kids. No matter what I try, it always turns out to be a ton of work. I tried to keep it simple this time. It was for the most part. I think it would have been fine had I gotten more sleep the night before. N wasn't feeling well, that didn't help. He took Baby Girl duty. New Moon stayed and helped too. We called her the baby whisperer. In the end, everyone had fun. Kids enjoyed the obstacle course. The boys worked hard on their own version of Angry Birds. They were quite proud of their creation. We were invited to two different activities today and I am afraid we could not make it to either. I was too exhausted after yesterday. This life with a baby and older kids can be challenging on the mom. I try to keep up with the rest of the world, on less sleep than everyone else. Some days it gets to me and I can't keep up. Others, we roll just fine. It doesn't seem like things were this way with the first three. I think because they were all so young and close together, we just kept our routine the same as always. We'll see how this works out for Baby Girl.

No comments: