Saturday, July 7, 2012

100 degree anniversary

Yesterday was our anniversary! Hard to believe so much time has past. Some days, our wedding seems like a lifetime ago. It was truly a wonderful day. Almost all our favorite people came together to give us a great start. We've come along way. 5 states, multiple moves, multiple cities, four kids and still a great love for each other. Four was thrilled with it being our anniversary. All day she had comments about celebrating our anniversary. I was dressed pretty, for our anniversary. She was dressed pretty for my anniversary. In the end, her and N ran to the store for my medication. They came home with 6 roses and a large anniversary card. She was beaming as she handed them to me. They also brought me a bottle of BBQ sauce I have been wanting. N went out for Chinese take out and we had a nice family evening at home. We had planned to get a DQ cake, but after being out earlier in the 100 degree temps, we decided to stay home. It was the last day of swimming lessons. The kids did great and had fun. Now we have a list of things to work on this summer. After lessons, Daisy invited us to a family place called Kokommo's. Our kids have never been there, except Eight who went to a birthday party once. It's a place with games for kids using tokens and getting tickets for prizes. They have laser tag, indoor golf range, putt golf, bumper boats, roller coaster, water fight, go karts and batting cage. I think that's all they offer, I could have missed something. We had pizza and celebrated Daisy's son turning seven. It was a great time, but really hot. Baby Girl did alright, but she was ready to be home when we were done. We all did the bumper boats. They felt good on such a hot afternoon. The boys went first. Eight and the new seven year old went together while Six went with N. Eight was soaked. All were thrilled. The girls went next so someone could stay with Baby Girl in the shade. There happened to be two pairs of other girls that got in the same time as us. Two little girls were there with their dad, sweet and silly. The other two were alone and ruthless. They came after Daisy and I, spraying us continually and being so pleased with themselves. I don't think I would have had the courage to act that way toward an adult I do not know. Their adult supervision was sitting inside online. I was surprised but these actions. Daisy and I were soaked thanks to them. It wasn't really a big deal, but unexpected. Today we hit the pool again. I need to figure out my food choice for tomorrow's family BBQ. Six needs a new shirt. I also want to bring a baby gift for Sunflower and need to get one more thing to go with it. Should be a hot, wonderful weekend!

No comments: