Tuesday, July 3, 2012

First sleep over for Six

Never did I imagine letting Six spend the night at a friends house. If you would have asked me last year, I would have said no way. Not sure what changed, but tonight he is at his buddies house. I guess it's all about our relationship with the family he's staying with. We've gotten to know them so very well. Daisy is Baby Girl's Godmother. It was important to his friend to have seven friends. He is one of the best friends for Six. They always spend recess together at school. In preparation for his departure, we first wrapped the gift and made a card. Of course Four was right there to help. Six wasn't too eager to make a card, she filled in where he lacked. We then packed his bag. I found a bag large enough to fit everything he would need. First we got a sleeping bag, his pillow and fuzzy orange blanket. I asked him if he was taking an animal, quick reply was yes as he raced off to get one. He brought his clean clothes for tomorrow, pj's and swim suit. We got him a beach towel and his toothbrush. I had to search for a bag that wasn't girly to house his toothbrush and toothpaste. He was quite proud when we dropped him off. They were going to have a great time. The surprise of the event was Four. She cried when we left him. We've never done anything like this before. The only time our children have been away from us was when we had another baby. This is not intentional, but the opportunity has never come up. She recovered after awhile. I know Six is in good hands. Daisy sent a text around 10:30 saying everyone was asleep and they all said this was the best party ever. It was the first sleep over for three boys. It caught me off guard how often I thought of him while he was gone this evening. When Yellow Submarine came on in the car, I thought of him. Other times he came into my mind. I love that boy so very much. It's hard to let them go and experience knew things. Now I know how my parents felt.

No comments: