Thursday, July 19, 2012

Donnerstag is Thursday

It's cloudy and overcast. We have no plans yet, it's only near 9. I looked at my friends pictures on FB of their adventures at Grandma's house in MN this summer. I am really looking forward to our turn. We've begun to plan our big drive, what to take, etc. Yesterday was better after much energy was expelled at the pool. The kids were tired and got along great. Too much time together in the house so many days in a row does something to their attitudes toward each other. We were home from Friday until Tuesday. That's a long time of not going anywhere. I'll try to keep that in mind. N will only have one day off this week too. We are planning a birthday celebration for both boys next week. We made some Lego invitations and need to deliver them today. The boys are really excited. I let them each pick five boys to invite. I want to keep it as simple as possible, but I know it will be a lot of work regardless. We're going to set up an obstacle course in the back yard. They always love that part of the party. We're also going to try a big version of Angry Birds. Each kid can have three turns to try to knock down as many boxes as they can. We'll break out "the claw" candy machine for kids to play with and just have some fun. I think those are all the games I will plan. Six requested the bean bag tic tac toe game. We got rid of ours, but Daisy has the same one we can borrow. I'm going to make an Angry Birds cake. After the AB cupcakes, I think the cake will be fairly easy. Hot dogs and chips and we're set. Simple and satisfying. I've got a lot to do.

No comments: