Saturday, July 14, 2012

Another day is done

Today we made some progress in the basement. I had to keep myself busy. Saturdays and Sundays get pretty long sometimes. We have no plans. Kind of feels good after such a busy two weeks. N's vacation time was great. Now, back to reality. My family was all together this weekend in honor of Baby Orchid's first birthday. Oh what I would have given to be there! Someday we won't let the 12 hour drive stand in our way. Someday, I'll brave the trip with the kids regardless the distance. I really believe we will be able to one day, when they are much older and more independent. We are looking forward to our trip to MN. It's nearly one month and we will be on our way. The kids are excited and are already making plans. I love they have this as a ritual for their summer. Although the drive is terribly long, traveling through the UP is quite pleasant, especially in the summer season. It doesn't seem so stressful and intense. I love the view from the car window. I have to admit, I've fallen in love with some of the Michigan scenery. We sorted through boxes and rearranged things downstairs for most of the afternoon. Baby Girl was quite cooperative. She was content to sit in her chair and watch the siblings play with the rediscovered toys we found. It's still somewhat of a disaster. One more afternoon and it will be done. I'm looking forward to less chaos. I like knowing what's in my containers, etc. I just couldn't get it together before Baby Girl came. It was organized, but chaos took over. Believe it or not, I could use more totes. N is anti-tote. I admit, we were a little carried away when we first were married. My family has been known to use a lot of totes. It's in all of us too. We just like to be organized. I managed to straighten out all the winter clothing and baby clothes. This was the flaw in my system, I didn't have a tote for those things. They were in bags and just back in my corner, not really organized. I made a winter stack of totes. I recently found a Columbia coat for Eight at good will. It was only $1.49! A little dirty, but a perfect zipper. I washed it up and he tried it on. His favorite color is blue, what a bonus. It will work perfect for him this winter. I feel so much better about my life when my household is organized. I guess it gives me a sense of having myself together. This is not always the case, but I do the best I can.

No comments: