Friday, April 29, 2011

Walleye Festival

The Walleye Festival is a celebration the town has every year in April. The entire town has garage sales. There are more than 150 garage sales in one weekend. There are other things too, but the garage sales are the main event. There is a carnival, poker tournament, parade, pancake breakfast, and fireworks tonight.
I guess nothing will top my first Walleye Festival experience. This year is my third, and it was not as disappointing as last year, but still not up to my expectations.
I must clarify disappointment, I mean in finding treasures. Our first year here, I found our red bench and some other great pieces. I was not able to acquire anything like that this year or last. I saw a picture that I really wanted, but it was over priced and I wasn't ready to haggle yet.
I wasn't quite on the same page with everyone in our truck either. Didn't help.
I did find 4 Jodi Picoult books, including the newest one on hardcover. They were all for $5. Zinnia and I have been reading her books. I got a shelf to put up in the basement for $3. I also found a chair to go by the front door, but offered it to Zinnia. We will see if she wants it.
N and the boys found some treasures. We did find a Star Wars shirt for each boy, they were very excited. N found some cassette tapes to play in his new old truck. He also got some fishing gear. We finally own a ladder. The boys found some sort of space ship for their Star Wars action figures. Each kid got a new Nerf gun too. We didn't get any new Barbie clothes like I intended. The first house we stopped at had a small box, all for $5. I thought that was too much and didn't bother to haggle. Oh I almost forgot, we did find a great purchase for Julie and her baby. A really nice Bundle Me for $10. We also purchased two TVs. One for the basement and a new one in our bedroom. We were even able to find converter boxes and antennas too. I guess it wasn't such a bad festival after all. Sounds better when I type it all out. Maybe I will find the treasure I am looking for tomorrow. We will see.

No comments: