Friday, April 22, 2011

A new purse

I love getting a new purse for the spring. One year, I found a really great yellow purse. I had so many compliments on it. Miss Megan was my inspiration for that purchase. Another year, I found a nice green one that lasted for a long time. This week, I thought I had found my purse for the season. I love finding things on clearance, marked down. It can be a real steal. I was at the grocery store and saw this cute purse on the end. It was white with leather circles all on the sides. The handles were black with swirly plastic. I was in a hurry. The original price was $24.99. It was marked down to $7! I was really excited, grabbed it and was on my merry way. EB items were also in my trunk when I arrived home. Thus, it all sat in my trunk over night. Too many curious people. I was finally able to smuggle the goods out on Wednesday. Three had an Easter celebration at preschool and I wanted to get out my new purse. My great disappointment was when I unzipped the purse. It smelled horrible of smoke. In one of the little pockets inside, there were small black pieces. I am not at a loss what to do about the purse. I tried wiping the inside out with cleaner. I tried leather cleaner on the dots on the outside. It still smells. Do I return it? Do I wait for a super sunny day and air it outside? Febreeze it? Any suggestions welcome. Disappointed to say the least.

No comments: