Monday, April 18, 2011

Monsters in the Kitchen

I promised Monster cupcakes for a treat at school in honor of Seven's birthday. Wasn't sure what I was getting myself into, but as it turns out, they look pretty good. It took me all morning to get them done. Three of course was a huge obstacle I was constantly trying to occupy. It was our typical Monday. Really ready for her to attend preschool tomorrow. She hasn't been there for three weeks!
We brought Seven a happy meal for lunch. It wasn't in my original plans, but when the time allowed us to make it, we did. He was thrilled and the entire lunch room sang to him. It was nice.
The kids in his classroom loved the cupcakes. They kept asking if I bought them or made them. Some even said "Good job!" with real enthusiasm. They are all sweet kids. Three passed out a plate to each kid. Mr. T followed and named each child when she gave them a plate. We read the book Glad Monster, Sad Monster to the class. They seemed to enjoy it. When I was finished reading, Mr. T asked them to make faces of the feelings described in the book.
We headed out the door early to retrieve Five. Mr. Lupcke answered the door with many greetings for Seven. Apparently he had been informed that cupcakes were in the works at our house this afternoon and would be arriving at school sometime throughout the day. Always a pleasant conversation with him, and we were out the door early!
N was home when we returned, ready to play with the boat. Not sure what he did, but I ran to the grocery store for some meat. Baths, meal time, homework and in that order, our night was complete.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

The cupcakes are scary adorable!