Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas!

Another week has flown by and here we are, the birth of our Savior. Last night we attended mass and it was beautiful. The church was as full as I've ever seen it. We sat surrounded by our favorite people. If only my family members had been with us, it would have been perfect. Yesterday we got our projects done for our trip. N took us out to lunch. We don't go out to eat very often. I realized this when we were leaving and Eight asked "We just leave the dishes there?" Normally, they are begging to go in. We will hit the drive thru while on the road. If we do go in, its to a place where you clean up yourself. Baby Girl was in her first high chair at a restaurant this past week. N took me out for breakfast. We are nearly packed. 2 pm is the earliest we can get out the door. I still need to pack N, myself, bathroom and hotel bag. My pile to load is growing. Santa came to our house during mass last night. What a surprise that was! All were pleased, but they did wonder if he delivered anything for them at Grandma's, too. We now have a wii in our house. Not sure still how I feel about it, but I am open minded. To demonstrate, Seven was completely frustrated with his poor bowling skills. I am not sure I want to listen to more complaints. I think Five was pleased the most with her gift. She got a mp3 player and a boom box for her girl room. A handy and very cute bag came with to store the player in. Baby Girl got the biggest gift of all, a walker. She also got a learn and play puppy. It was a great night. We had a spaghetti dinner, quick and easy after a late service. Everyone was pleased and happy. Great memories and great family time together. One of my favorite parts was seeing what gifts the kids created for us.

No comments: