Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Sleeplessness again

Fever time. Low grade, and only later during the day or evening, yuk. Poor Baby Girl. Even though she was sick, she was still pleasant and happy. Two sleepless nights for me. Last night was much better. I think she's on the mend. Hopefully tonight will be back to normal. We're nearly done with our second set of bunk beds in our house. N has been working on them. I painted yesterday and am almost finished. He made trundles to go under the beds. Five is so excited. She doesn't know it yet, but I have new bedding for her new beds! I can't wait to give them to her. They are blue, purple and lime green, just the colors she wanted. Fate stepped in by directing me to two comforters on clearance for $21. Just the right colors and price. We hung her new pictures and letters. We just need to finish the beds, set them up and we will have a new girl room! Just in time for my family to come for a visit. We are very excited for their arrival in April. Seven will make his first holy communion and confirmation. Of all my kids, he is really prepared for these sacraments. Well, in some ways, others I tend to wonder. I struggle with him paying attention to mass during the consecration. Other than that, the Holy Spirit is already with him. We finished his booklet this weekend. He knew all the answers before we even read the sheets. "Oh Zachaieus, I know Zachaieus." I really enjoyed his prep lessons and look forward to his big days. On another note, we're meeting with a Realtor on Wednesday to look at 4 houses. Pretty exciting for us. It's taken us awhile to prepare for purchasing another home. We'll see how it goes. There are around 8 total we'd like to look at. As always, it's difficult to determine needs and wants. I think we need 4 bedrooms and 2 full baths minimum. Could one bedroom be in the basement, certainly. Which may be the case as there are not too many 4 bedroom houses for sale in our area and price range. Two happen to be two streets down from where we are now. I can see their rooftops from our current living room window. Those are the two I think I am most interested in. As silly as it may be, I'd really like to stay on this side of town. That isn't a need, but a want. I am flexible. I'd also like to have city water. Not that it is so great, but I just don't care for well water. We also live down river from a major chemical company. Who knows whats in the ground around here. N wants land and space. I'm afraid he'll have to compromise with that this time around. Lots with land are rare around here, especially in our price range. I'd also like to stay closer to town. The district spreads out, quite far south. I don't want to worry about a long bus ride. That will just lead to me taking them in instead. I love that bus that comes right to our driveway and safely takes my children to school. I don't want to be on a busy road. I don't want to be on the river. We want a newer home, nothing older than us. N has his eyes set on one with three garages. It's across the river. Daisy was thrilled to hear about it. There was a house on her road a few months ago, I would have moved right into that house. We were not quite ready then and missed that sale. We are also looking at who the builder of our new house may have been. We haven't been too impressed with some of the builders around here and wouldn't want to buy one of their homes. Time is up. Better get lunches made, breakfast on the table and so begins another day. I have a parent teacher conference with Fives teacher this morning. Baby Girl has been asleep since 4am. Looking forward to a great day with my children.

No comments: