Monday, March 25, 2013

Monday is MY day

Dragging my feet today. Baby Girl is ready to go back to bed, I am too. Alas, that is something I never do. On with the day! This first cup of coffee better get me on go. We looked at 5 houses yesterday. The first was fancy, small and over priced. The second was old, smelly and had room for all the toys we could wish for. The fourth and fifth were brand new. Yes, wonderful and would have been perfect if not for the location. One was too small, never would have considered it. The other was great and really had me thinking. The location is next to a busy highway. It's a decent distance to the highway with a carpet store in between. They created a big hill for sound barrier. I loved the house, but it will be the 2nd house into a new subdivision. That means all the traffic for the million homes they are going to build, would drive right past our house. I don't want to be on such a busy corner/street. As tempting as it was, I don't think so. Just didn't convince me when there are great houses in our current neighborhood. The last house is one we looked at last year. N is in love. Never did I think he'd want it more than me, but I believe that is the case. It's great. It's beautiful. All the things that bugged him last year no longer do. I wish the bedrooms were bigger, eat in kitchen instead of dining room and more walk in closets. These are all things I can live with/without. The kitchen is beautiful with 4 stools at the bar. Kids can eat there on a daily basis. The formal dining isn't too formal, it will be fine. Now on to paper work. We try to agree on a price and we'll see how that goes. Seven says it looks too much like a doll house. It has some great additions to the front making it unique. There is also a great playground and shed N is thrilled to have. If this one doesn't work, I'd like the other house in the neighborhood. The other is true to our town with the school colors, white with green shutters. I would love this one too, but the other is more move in ready. This Falcon house would need paint all upstairs, a good carpet steam clean as they have a dog and cat. I had to take a zyrtec after being in there. The yard doesn't have a privacy fence, just a short, white picket fence. N wasn't crazy about all the neighbors being right there and no privacy. I didn't mind. No extra parking. All walk in closets. Eat in kitchen. Finished basement. Only three bedrooms. We will see how it works out. I am remarkably calm about it and not worried if it falls through. Why you might ask? Not sure. I just have faith that the right house will work out without fretting over everything. I learned this a very long time ago. Let go, give it all to the Lord. He'll work it out for us and it will be fine. Of course, I am not the one on the phone with the seller, mortgage company, getting insurance quotes, banks, realtors, etc. N has been doing all of that and is rather stressed out over it. Last night we talked to Daffodil and that really put him at ease about the entire situation. He asked if I'd call her. Then five minutes later he asked if I got in touch with her yet. So I gave her a call. He was pacing. I put her on speaker and he was able to explain his concerns. We value her opinion and it helped tremendously to talk to her. We will see where this for sale by owner takes us. We are ready. We know what we want. We've been keeping an eye on things for over a year. It's time. I love Mondays. It's just Baby Girl and I. Today we are supposed to start pricing garage sale stuff. It's 9 and I still haven't been in the shower. Our partner is coming to price in 30 minutes. Better get a move on.

No comments: