Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Seven

Oh my dear Seven, how his comments lately have made me smile. It started with N's dad's birthday gift. I made a gift that showed all the birthdays in the family. Turns out, October is the only month with no birthday. My kids were baffled by this. Seven then gets the idea that we could get a baby in October. I simply say, oh no. We are done getting babies at our house. He looks at me so serious and says "I'm gonna pray for another baby." Lord help me, he's working against me! On my birthday, he was determined to make it special, not like any other day. I was beginning to load the dishwasher when he raced over to me and said "Show me how to do it. Do the spoons go up or down?" He didn't want me loading the DW on my birthday. I also asked them to clean up all of the little things off of the living room floor. He looked at me and said "You are going to vacuum? Today? Make dad do it." At the end of the day, he asked multiple times if I had a great birthday. I did. I feel so blessed to have such a great boy. We've had our share of frustrations, but in the end I think he's on the right track.

No comments: