Sunday, August 12, 2012

Where to begin

I have completely slacked on blogging this summer. I was doing alright, but lost all hope this trip. We had a great time at Orchid's house. Thursday N went back to MI and it was me against 5! I wasn't so nervous about my group, but Baby Orchid was my wild card. At one point I was nursing one baby while rocking the other. My older kids came in and said "two babies at once!" What else was I going to do? Same thing happened on Friday morning when we watched Baby Orchid. That wasn't an all day event. After Orchid came home, we headed to the Mall Of America. My kids love the MOA. Last time we just happened to receive mystery tickets. Luckily, one contained 100 points and we were able to ride all day for free! FYI MOA has fair rides in the center. Well, this time around we weren't doing rides. We planned to hit Legoland and then to the food court for mini corn dogs. This is our ritual when it comes to the MOA. They are celebrating 20 years of being open. I remember when it opened. What a huge deal it was for MN. We got our Lego's. We stopped at Children's place. I don't know why, but I never shop there. I was so thrilled to find three new pairs of jeans for Four. She also got a really cute top. She was excited, as was I. We got our mini corn dogs, stopped by Old Navy and left. That was enough for me. What a zoo that place was on a Friday afternoon. Friday night we finished up our projects and waited for G & G to arrive. Saturday we took our time getting out the door. A group trip to a brand new Goodwill was a fun outing. We then made our way to the Sculpture Park in downtown Mpls area. That was a good time and was followed by a picnic at the beach on Lake Minnetonka. A fire in the front yard ended our night. Sunday, we made it just in time for church. A quick lunch and packed our stuff; we were out of there. Baby Girl slept more than half way. We had to wake her up. She did alright after, but was tired of the car close to G & G's. Our arrival here is always exciting. They love coming here. Now we are looking forward to a great vacation. Hope to see lots of family and friends!

No comments: