Thursday, August 9, 2012

5 to 1

Today I am very out numbered. Normally, I wouldn't mind being so over ruled by children. It depends on their ages, but two babies has me slightly nervous. We're staying with my sister, Orchid. Both her and her husband are out today. I'm at their house with the kids. Thankfully 3 out of 5 are big enough to be patient and helpful. Of course both babies were tired and crabby at the exact same time. I was nursing mine and rocking the other. My children looked at me with amazement and said "two babies at once?" What else was I to do with them. Baby Orchid is so sweet. We're loving our time with her. She is a little more active than I am used to. We just take it one thing at a time, story of my life. As I type, Baby Girl is upstairs in the crib, having a moment to herself. For now she is content in the new surroundings. Baby Orchid is in her chair having some lunch. She wouldn't take her bottle when she was tired, but now is rubbing her eyes. She says a few words, but keeps calling Eight and I Mama. I couldn't get through this day without Eight. He carried Baby Girl, helped me get situated with both babies. He is amazing. He's really good with the babies, too. I am proud of the big brother he has become. The middle two are doing great as well. Four will jump to help with any baby request. From fetching a diaper to finding a pacifier, she's helpful as well. Six is just kind of here. He's helpful, but only when motivated. We're looking forward to a late afternoon play date with friends of mine from college and their kids. I hear Baby Girl. Time is up.

No comments: