Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Tuesday

I wanted to dance when the bus came this am. Yes, dance. Last week we did not have school on Monday due to the holiday. Tuesday, children off to school as normal. Wednesday, same thing. Oh was I surprised to get the 5 am phone call, there would be no school. Too cold. Cold is cold. I get it. Who wants to be out when it's -25. I left those cold temps and am too afraid to go back. We spent the day at home, like a bonus day. N returned from his work trip. Happy kids. All was great with life. Friday am rolls around and again, I am surprised to receive another 5 am phone call. No school, too cold. We make the best of our day at home, again, another bonus. We go swim at the pool and bring a friend along. Even though we discovered it's only lap swim during the early hours, we still managed to enjoy our swimming time. Our pool pass has done wonders for my little swimmers. Needless to say, after two cold no school days, how shocked was I when the canceled school again! Yes, it was cold, but they could have gone in two hours late. Today, it is also cold. The kids in MN would never go to school if they used these standards.  I think they should have given more for picking up students or started late. Canceling school when you can't get down your road, that makes sense to me. I guess it just goes to show how people adapt to their surroundings. Now we are left with one snow day left. Hope we don't need more for actual SNOW days. Our school year is already too long going into June. We don't need to add more days.

No comments: