Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter Crush

I do believe the Lord has a plan for me. Just when I was starting to whine about being alone, he helps me see the light. I'd like to say put me in my place, but I don't think that is a fair statement. I was thrilled for Easter, excited to attend mass on Easter Sunday and celebrate with our church family. All my plans were canceled in the middle of the night with a sick kid running into my room. I am thankful she had a bowl and was able to keep it in the bowl. This was 3 am. I was irritated before with our Rockstar neighbors. They were celebrating the new temp outside until the wee hours of the night. N and I went to bed around 10:30. We were awaken to Adele in the back yard. I finally fell back asleep around 2 am. That was my night. I forgot to mention by the time I got Five cleaned and situated, Baby Girl was in need of attention. She must have cried in the hour I slept. She was sleeping in her own mess. Poor babe. I cleaned her up. Two very excited boys were awake at 5 am wanting to look for their Easter baskets. What a night. Easter Sunday was spent trying to keep up with laundry and taking care of our girls. Poor Baby Girl, this was the first time she was actually really sick. I think the message was to be thankful for the things I have. Slow down and enjoy my kids. Yesterday seemed like a day of survival. Cleaning and caring. Next, I pray the boys don't get it. Perhaps I did this to myself by purchasing a three pack of Lysol from Sams. At least I was prepared.

No comments: